Providing Comprehensive Repairs for Your Transfer Case in Edmonton
When you’re seeking trusted, quality repairs for your transfer case in Edmonton, look no further than the expert technicians at Alberta Transmission Service. Whether you drive an off-road, four-by-four pickup or an all-wheel drive luxury sedan, we are fully equipped and prepared to repair your transfer case.
What exactly is a transfer case? It’s a complex part that plays an integral role in transferring power from the transmission to both the front and rear axles through the drive shafts. For vehicles that have the ability to switch back and forth between two-wheel and four-wheel drive, the transfer case is the central hub through which that process plays out.
Signs of a Faulty or Failing Transfer Case
There are a number of different telltale signs that your transfer case is either faulty or in the process of failing:
- The Gears Have Difficulty Shifting – The transfer case is completely sealed in order to keep fluid within the unit. If the transfer case suffers damage that causes a leak, it will automatically lose fluid pressure, which will result in the driver experiencing difficulty shifting the gears.
- Grinding Noises – When the transfer case loses lubrication, it causes a grinding noise coming from the bottom of your vehicle due to the metal-on-metal contact where the transfer case is located. Any type of grinding noise is bad news for a vehicle, so be sure to visit Alberta Transmission right away if you’re beginning to hear those types of ugly noises.
- Going in and out of 4-Wheel Drive – If your vehicle is going in and out of four-wheel drive when you have it set on four-wheel drive, there’s certainly an issue. This is often caused by damaged or broken parts of the transfer case that are directly applied to the four-wheel drive transfer process.
- Involuntarily Shifting out of Gear – While not a common problem, a faulty transfer case will cause your vehicle to shift out of gear spontaneously. This is an extremely dangerous situation, and requires immediate attention.
Benefits of Professional Transfer Case Repair
When your transfer case is in need of repair—or even worse, replacement—you have a few options. Either you can go it on your own or you can have it repaired by a professional. We strongly recommend having this job done by a professional for the following reasons:
- Avoid Further Issues – While you may go into a transfer case repair project with good intentions, you could very well cause additional problems, costing you even more money in the long run. However, when the repairs are completed by a professional at Alberta Transmission Services, you’ll know the job was done correctly without worry of added complications.
- Diagnosis of Other Problems – Our expert technicians work with transfer cases every day, and have seen every problem imaginable. That gives them the ability to identify and diagnose issues with your transfer case that you may not have already known were present.
- Peace of Mind – There’s nothing quite like having peace of mind knowing that your vehicle is in good shape after the trusted team at Alberta Transmission Services has repaired your transfer case. Now that’s peace of mind money can buy!
Visit Alberta Transmission Services for Transfer Case Repair Today
Don’t let problems with your transfer case persist! Trust our expert technicians to provide the repairs you need quickly and efficiently. Give us a call today to schedule service!