Your Source for Quality & Dependable Manual Transmission Repair in Edmonton
Alberta Transmission Service is the hot spot for manual transmission repair in Edmonton. Whether you’re the owner of a brand new manual drive vehicle or even a slick, classic car, our transmission technicians have the experience, knowledge and expertise to diagnose and repair all transmission issues and get you back behind the wheel. As car fanatics ourselves, the last thing we want is for our customers to feel stuck without a ride—we want you back on the open cruising in style as quickly as possible!
However, figuring out whether your manual transmission is in need of repair isn’t always easy. The good news is there are a handful of signs you can be on the lookout for.
Signs Your Manual Transmission Needs Repairs
If you’ve noticed any of the following signs, you’ll know it’s time to bring your vehicle in for manual transmission repair in Edmonton:
- The Clutch is Slipping – The clutch is the key to any manual transmission vehicle, as it sends power from the engine into the transmission, allowing the gears to shift. However, if the engine revs but the gear doesn’t shift or the car doesn’t move at all, that’s a bad sign that’s often indicative of a clutch pedal that is in need of adjustment or replacement.
- The Clutch is Sticking – If the clutch hits the floor but fails to come back up into place, that’s a dead giveaway that there’s an issue. The root cause of the problem is typically external leaking coming from either the clutch master or slave cylinder. In this case, replacement will be necessary, but will be much cheaper than having to remove the entire transmission.
- Issues Getting into Gear – In the case that there’s any type of grinding when you shift gears or your vehicle seems like it’s having difficulty shifting, there’s likely an issue. Oftentimes, your transmission likely has a part that is worn down or has been damaged. Even worse, there could be an issue with the electrical system.
- Failure to Change Fluids – One of the most critical aspects of properly maintaining your manual transmission is to routinely change the fluids. However, if you fail to do so, you run the risk of hydraulic failures and other serious issues.
- Fluid Leaks – Just like automatic transmissions, any time you notice a consistent transmission fluid leak, repairs are needed immediately! Be sure to keep in mind that all transmissions are sealed units, meaning that leaks should never occur unless there’s internal or external damage or issues.
Visit Alberta Transmission Service for Manual Transmission Repair Today
The team at Alberta Transmission Service is committed to saving you money and ensuring that your transmission runs as smoothly as possible. If you’ve noticed any warning signs, don’t delay bringing your vehicle in. If you let problems persist, you could very well end up having to spend a significant amount of money completely replacing your transmission. We don’t want that to happen to any of our customers, so give us a call to schedule service today!