Get Back on the Road with Automatic Transmission Repair in Edmonton
No matter the make or model of your vehicle, the transmission is one of its most important components. At Alberta Transmission Service, our team is highly trained and experienced with automatic transmission repair in Edmonton.
Automatic transmissions are composed of hundreds of separate parts, including computer controls, electrical systems, mechanical systems and hydraulic components. Unfortunately, this means that automatic transmissions can face trouble when any one of those parts begins to break down.
When you have automatic transmission trouble in Edmonton, our team will use a free computerized diagnostic service to identify the problem and start on a solution quickly.
Signs Your Automatic Transmission Needs Repairs
Say you’ve been driving around and you’ve noticed some issues with the way your car is driving. Do the gears seem to have trouble shifting? Does something feel off when you put it in drive? Those are typically the first sign of trouble with your transmission. Keep an eye out for these signs as well:
- Gear Slipping – If you can feel the gears slipping, that’s a problem. What exactly is slipping? If you’ve noticed your vehicle changing gears for no apparent reason with the engine producing odd noises, it’s likely the result of gear slipping. Other warning signs include your vehicle feeling as if it’s underpowered or isn’t properly accelerating.
- Rough Shifting – Any time your vehicle seems to refuse to change gears as is usually would or the individual shifts seem rough or grinding, it’s a telltale sign you’re experiencing transmission issues. You may also hear—or even feel—a rough clunking when the vehicle shifts into a different gear.
- Delaying of Engagement – Say you’re shifting your vehicle from “park” to “drive,” you gently depress the accelerator, but you don’t move and the engine begins to rev before eventually shifting into “drive.” That pause in between the full shifting process is known as delayed engagement.
- Leaking Transmission Fluid – A transmission is fully sealed, meaning that there’s no reason for a leak unless there’s a larger issue present. If you’ve noticed consistent leakage from your vehicle, put down some paper towel or cardboard box to determine whether it’s transmission fluid. The fluid is typically a bright red colour, though it can also be dark red or brown.
- Transmission Warning Light – Just as with the “check engine” light, any time your transmission indicator lights up on your dash—particularly if any of the above issues are occurring—you need to bring your vehicle into Alberta Transmission Service for repair.
Visit Alberta Transmission Service for Manual Transmission Repair Today
At Alberta Transmission Service, we understand how inconvenient it is to be without a vehicle. It throws your routine and schedule off, and can cause complications in your life. That’s why our goal is to provide quick, efficient and quality repairs for your automatic transmission. If you have a feeling your transmission needs repair, give us a call today to schedule service. We look forward to helping you get back on the road!